Old 12-26-2007, 04:28 PM
nanabirdmo

hey girlfriend, your scrap stash looks a lot like mine. i NEVER sort scraps. i just pull the giant tub up by my sewing chair and grab and sew. if i sorted them i'd be tempted to choose my scraps carefully when i make a scrap quilt. i don't want to do that. i use all my scraps for every scrap quilt. all seasons, novelties, flowers, solids, vintage, modern, walmart, quilt shop, EVERYTHING is used in every scrap quilt. (except for my own personal aversion to double knits 8) i choose by value and ignore most everything else. i press as i use and if i need a strip off an odd size piece
for a string quilt i just slice it off right then. i usually dont even measure or use my ruler. just roll the rotary cutter and if it is crooked, so much the better. now as a disclaimer, this is just my own personal way and everyone has to use their own discretion. there is no right or wrong when it comes to scrap quilts, IMHO.

no quilt police here :!: :twisted: :!: :twisted: :!: :twisted: :!:

oh BTW when i organize my stash of yardage ( aka; future scraps :wink: ) i fold each around my 6 inch ruler and the length of each is equal to the depth of the shelf it will sit on. they stack beautifully and it is easier to sort when they are all the same width.

here is a pic. my stash isn't really big and i still need tubs for a few things. but my back wont let me lift tubs every time i want to peruse my stash.
it works for me :wink:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55996.jpe