View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:41 AM
sdunlap3

I have 5 sewing machines. I started out with the Viking #1+ and then bought the Designer 1. I wanted to keep both machines so that I could sew on one while the other one was embroidering. Then I bought the Juki to do frame quilting with. When I replaced the Juki with a Nolting Funquilter, I decided to keep the Juki because it was such a great machine for heavy duty sewing. Two years ago I bought the Designer Diamond. The trade-in was so low that it wasn't worth giving up the machine, so I kept it and use it to take to classes. A friend of mine gave me a Sears sewing machine which was probably 10 years old, but only had about 10 hours of sewing on it! That one will probably be saved for my granddaughter. I have a very small sewing room so can only have two machines set up at once - if I had a bigger room, they'd all be getting used! My husband lets me share his wood shop so that I can do my frame quilting out there. I also have a Viking serger and a Babylock Imagine serger. I kept the Viking because it has the cover stitch, and the Babylock doesn't.