View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by pineneedles4
I have the Tin Lizzie 18SL and I love it! I don't have room for a large frame so I bought mine with the sit down table. But, someday, when I have a home with larger rooms I can buy the large frame and a conversion kit to use mine as a stand up model machine. FYI...the best thread that I've had luck with is the thread sold on Connecting Threads. Of course...this is the word of a newbie! I just got my machine a few months ago so I haven't experimented with a wide variety of thread, but so far...Connecting Thread has the thread that I've been most successful with on this machine!
I had a Tin Lizzie 18LS, too, which I just sold a couple days ago in order to get a 26" throat machine. For cotton threads I used Connecting Threads thread, and Star, and Coats and Clark, Gutterman, and Signature and for Polyestor threads I used Isacord, Coats and Clark, and Gutterman. Those are all threads that worked good for me on my TIn Lizzie. Hope this is helpful. to you as you get started on your "new" Tin Lizzie.