Old 10-16-2011, 09:13 AM
pumpkinpatchquilter

My friend gave me her sewing machine today. It's a bit of a monster really, but I think it's kind of cool. The previous owners of her house left it there, and my friend had wanted me to teach her to sew, but when I got to her house and she pulled this out, well, she discovered it was a little more than she'd thought! LOL* I understand, when I got my featherweight home I had to relearn how to sew again because the older machines are so different than the new ones, and could you image if you didn't even know how to thread a new machine? You'd be lost on one of these older ones. I STILL AM lost on these older machines!! :)

Anyhow, here's my new Monster - a Kenmore model 58 - ISMACS description of it cracked me up, "...looks more like a blender than a sewing machine..." and I agree. It's not really pretty and I doubt people lust after this machine, but for whatever reason I really like it! LOL*

The best part is it came with needles and one of my favorite little treasure to find...a box of attachments that obviously haven't been touched in a VERY long time. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-272312.jpe   attachment-272313.jpe   attachment-272314.jpe