View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:31 AM
KastleKitty

Originally Posted by crystaltx
I just posted my progress on my first 'big' quilt last night, and you guys gave me so much motivation that I finished the top (worked on it till 2am) and got the borders on it today. What an experience! And I still have the actual quilting/binding/backing to do...wish I lived near one of you that loves to do just those parts =) I am also posting some pix from the process. Thank you for the incredibly encouraging words on here, I don't think I would have worked on it so much if it hadn't been for that. I also stopped pinning every little triangle, I figured out that I could do most of the blocks without pinning until I got it to a very large piece. It barely fits on my living room floor, and the biggest sheet I had wasn't quite big enough. Not sure how I am going to lay out the backing but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Just a note - this is not my design. It is Joann's quilt of the month, it is a package that comes with the fabric you need, and instructions on how to make the blocks and other pieces. I figured that would be a great way to learn, and it was! But the creativity points go to the original quilt designer!
Oh my goodness! You have to be so proud! To see your first picture all seemingly in disarray and then to see the top all together! How beautiful!