View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 01:04 PM
angelarose

Originally Posted by lovelyl
Originally Posted by angelarose
Originally Posted by lovelyl
Originally Posted by angelarose
I have a Janome 2010 and an old Singer that was my mother's.. not a Featherweight but an old one in a cabinet. It sews great.
I know to each his own, but I can't appreciate or justify collecting sewing machines...yet. The Board is so influential though, you dears.
But, I do love to collect seam rippers and scissors! Do you think I'm gearing up to collecting machines??????? Uh oh :?
I think you may be in trouble.... :lol:
lovelyl: I'd love to have a Featherweight, but I'm so afraid of getting scammed if I buy on eBay or an on-line place like that. Do these machines really cost 500-600 dollars? I wish I knew someone personally or have someone recommend a seller. I know, I know I don't need a FW, but something is calling me to consider one.
I purchased mine off of ebay about a year and a half ago for $275.00 plus shipping. I did not deal with the bidding process, I looked at the buy it now option. I took a long time and tried to research the seller's rating, etc. and emailed a lot of questions. Everything was great and she is a beautiful machine. I also happened on to one at an antique store for $220.00. I think there is also someone here on the board selling one. Be sure to pay with PayPal so you are covered if there would be a problem. Good luck!
Thank you. I'm going to try to find who's selling on the Board.
You gave me priceless info.
Blessings,
A.