View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Quiltgranny

It's important to put your patterns into subject matter that you will remember, what works for you. I have my patterns in sheet protectors then placed in white binders of various sizes. Then, I alphabetize the binders. I have categories such as Applique, Apparel, BOM's, Easy, Holiday, Lap/Medium, Large quilts, My Favorites, Scrappy, Table runners & Wall hangings, etc.

I do look through them quite often for ideas or to use a saved pattern. I have become more thoughtful about printing off only those patterns I really expect to use or that will be of some benefit to me at some point - like for particular techniques, etc.

The ones I save but not print are on my computer and then regularly backed up to a thumb drive. Funny, I do have the projects on my computer files by type or shape: stars, log cabin, etc. - so, I may be rethinking how I file them in binders one day.

I would be most interested in learning how to keep the spreadsheet info that was mentioned earlier. Would be a wonderful cross reference. :-)