Old 10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline S
My Belair 929 (circa late 1950s?). Billy thinks she was made by Morse. She's a "dirty girl" and has seen a lot of use judging from the wear on the front of the bed. The foot controller was cut off and I had an EUREKA moment when I realized that I did have a foot control that came with the Plymouth, a model 15 Japanese clone, that I purchased last July. I plugged her in and she runs. Now to begin the deep cleaning and oiling she needs. BTW, a manual came with her. Whoohooo!

What is the red plastic thing in the shuttle case?

I think I will name her Marilyn after Marilyn Monroe.
Marilyn was making my hand itch just to tear into it. I don't think she needs an all out deep clean - she appears in decent shape but dirty. The red thing is something you want to be very careful of. If it is suppose to be there you want to make sure you don't melt it cleaning the shuttle area. If it is just something to keep the machine from moving in transport it would come out but you don't want to do that if it is holding something else in place. It could be pretty fragile - check with a manual before you do much. If it isn't gummed up or rusted a good oiling might spick that area up enough to work well after you pull the shuttle out and clean any lint. The dirt will clean up and you will like that little machine.