View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 PM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by paulettepoe
well....as for charging...I find it expensive to make copies of documents and family group sheets. So glad the CD was born. now i can burn it to CD and they can pay for their own copies if they want. hope that doesn't sound crass, but with the info that I have collected for almost 40 years, it would take 4 ink replacements plus the paper and the mailing....just too much.
I agree printing all the information is costly and I wouldn't do it either unless they paid for the materials to do so but to make a Cd is fairly cheap so I have no problems with that. I also have made CD's for family members as a Christmas presents, and it was way cheaper then anything else I could afford at the time. I have 13 brothers and sisters and it's hard affording things sometimes. With the CD's not only are they getting a look at where they came from, in some cases I made short videos of some of the pictures from way back when. So they were able to take some time later and see what our elders looked like and see how they lived compared to what we have today. Most of my siblings loved their CD's. Some don't care about pass family history so much but they got a kick out of the picture shows.