View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Sallyjane

A sweet young lady, whom I've know for years (she went to school with my boys) has 3 children. When the first one was on the way I was invited to her baby shower and I made a baby quilt (one of my first). The next time around, she was having another boy, I was not invited to a shower and I did not make him a quilt. When baby #3 was on the way, we found out it was going to be a girl. I was invited to the shower and made a quilt. Later she very sweetly let me know that the 2nd little guy felt left out because he didn't have a handmade quilt from me and could I please make him one too. He was probably 18 mo. or 2 years old at the time :) She even gave me a year or two to complete it! Since then she has started doing some sewing, I wonder if she has thought back on her naive request?!? She is a precious girl and I really believe in her heart that she was trying to give me a compliment, and so that's how I've taken it. But I must admit that the request was nagging at me when I was working on other projects. So I came up with this simple design and got it done. I feel better now! I named it Lego Castle Wall.

Close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272848[/ATTACH]

Lego Castle Wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272849[/ATTACH]

Here is the first quilt I made for her
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272873[/ATTACH]

This is the 2nd quilt I made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272874[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-272795.jpe   attachment-272796.jpe   attachment-272820.jpe   attachment-272821.jpe