View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:22 PM
EIQuilter

I'm really sorry you feel that way about shopping at a LQS. My guess is that they have to base their in-store items on what they think will sell best, and if the last quilt show I attended is any indication, not many people are hand quilting any longer. I think the fact that they offered to order an Aunt Becky for you is a sign they are willing to support your interests. But from a business standpoint, if only one person in 500 (I'm just throwing that number out - it's not statistically reliable!) wants one, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to keep them in stock.

I like an LQS that is willing to do what they can to accommodate the buyer. Last year I was looking for two Fairy Frost fabrics - my LQS didn't have those two colors, but she offered to order them for me, even though she knew I planned to buy only one yard of each. As it turns out, I bought three yards of each, so I felt better about it, but for all I know, the rest of each bolt is still sitting on her shelf.

I do love Connecting Threads - I've ordered from them in the past and been very happy. Recently I ordered a large ruler, and when it came, it was broken (the packing left something to be desired!), but they immediately sent me a new one at no extra charge and, if I remember correctly, I didn't have to pay for the return shipping on the broken one. It's a great company!