View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Rhaorth

being as how I am just starting out, I have yet to meet one.... however... no matter how many years I continue with quilting... if I get someone nitpicking...I will turn it back on them

I will ask them, no make that drill them on how would they do it, and then pick their ideas apart... reverse the roles... THEN tell them outright that I did not ask for their opinion, and until I do, to keep it to themselves, because if making a quilt their way might turn me into them and I definitely do not want that.

So let's hope the "QP" doesn't pick on my quilts. I don't care how badly they are done, no one should pick them apart and make anyone feel badly for trying their best. Besides, handsewn or sewing machine, it is still an act of love... it will not be perfect, and if it was, it would lose character.

I feel that quilts are an extension of the person who makes them, that their energy goes into them, which is why so many people cherish quilts of those who have passed, and cherish quilts given as a gift, they are sensitive to those energies. (not everyone is sensitive to those energies :()

sorry rambling...