View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Lucky you!

The Wal-marts in my area (Central PA, but also Eastern PA) no longer carry fabric. A year or two ago, I'd noticed that Wal-mart had exactly the kind of fabric I'd want for quilting, the tiny floral prints, but I hadn't started quilting at that point. The fabric shops I've been to don't have those prints. All my life those prints were around and NOW they've gone out of style????

Anyway, it's wonderful that you managed to get great fabric on sale there. Looking forward to seeing the quilts you make with it!

I'm very interested in your plan to try making your own cloth. How would you do it? Would you start with unbleached or white cloth and then dye it and print on a pattern? I imagine it'll be hard to make the edges of your stamper line up precisely. Do you have a method in mind for that?

I'll be following your posts about it, all agog with interest. : )
Our Walmart is closing their fabric when they remodel but that isn't too soon I hope. I haven't really bought much there for awhile. There are a few that I like to get but only about 3 or 4 that i can use.

Tiny prints are really hard to find!! The market has gone more to the large florals and batiks and watercolors etc.
I tend to favor the country look of the small stuff. I am always looking for them as so many of my favorites aren't available any more.

I just thought I would try my hand at printing my own fabric. Yeah I will start with a white cloth and go from there. I am still learning so step at a time here!