View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Steady Stiching

Originally Posted by jeank
This is the MEL system. Each library system has to purchase it for their patrons. Then you have to have a resident card from that library to use it. I do not live in those libraries service area, but because I am a county resident, I can get a resident card. Just need to get to that library and sign up in person. Then it will all be over the internet.

Jean

Originally Posted by thrums
You can use the MEL library system. It is a database the libraries holdings in MI.

Yes, there are two libaries in our county that purchased Overdrive. I want to go get a card to download audio books. The library that I retired from does not have it.
[/quote]

I love Melcat http://elibrary.mel.org/ You can also search for any book in the state of Michigan and it will be delivered to your library (non digital copies of books) I have done this many times Its a great tool. Someday I hope to have a reader. How many of you with Ipad type readers use them as a reading device? Is it just as easy to download? I'm leaning towards those that have the keyboard docking stations.