Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 AM
cristykessler

"I am a long arm quilter who has quilted many of these quilts. I love when my customers use fusible interfacing on the back of the shirts. It really makes them lay nice and flat. It really isn't that expensive and only takes a few minutes per shirt to prepare." CAN YOU HELP ME?

I am trying to quilt my first tshirt quilt on my longarm. I have a Tin Lizzie Queen Quilter (just fyi). Can you give me any tips to keep it from shifting around? I saw where someone said they added a border all the way around and I figure I will do that. What else can I do to assure it is smooth and doesn't pucker? Perhaps moving my foot up some. As I write this, I think maybe that would help since the thickness is considerably more than I usually quilt. I did a sample square and it just seems harder to keep still and I'm afraid it is going to bunch up. It's thicker than I would like as the lady I'm quilting it for wants fleece on the back and then still wants batting. I tried a bit without batting, but the fleece is peaking through the stitches if I go that route. I would LOVE and greatly appreciate any pointers. Thanks. Please advise me....