Thread: SO BUMMED :(
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Grace MooreLinker

Originally Posted by crystaltx
I have been cruising along, piecing my first quilt, but I am having a heck of a time with the actual quilting on my sewing machine. It's so big, it is just impossible. I don't know how I will ever finish it without it puckering or having crooked lines. Does anyone have any tips on the actual quilting process on a regular machine? I guess that is why some of you have long arm quilting machines, they look nice but expensive. If I don't find a way to do this, I'm afraid I will never try this again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I have a walking foot and I'm just doing the ditch stitching right now...I am starting in the middle and trying to work my way out, but I can't really switch direction of course. I have the quilt kind of rolled up but I have to move it all the time so everything bunches and shifts. I have about 100 safety pins holding the sandwich in place though so it is probably ok. This just doesn't seem fun =/
beautiful quilt, patiences ,patience is all I can say. I have to quilt on a regular sewing machine also, I roll them from both side to the middle, quilt from the center out. good luck..don't give up it does get some what easier the more you quilt