View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by SherriB
Originally Posted by Cheri_J

I have 3G and the Kindle Fire will not have it. This means I will need to be at a WiFi hotspot to access the web or order from Amazon. Just like now, all your data will be housed at Amazon. The present kindle has the E-Ink which isn't affected by glare. The fire will not have this. I do not know if you have a limited storage alotment. I will have to check into that. Other than the price, those are the negatives that I come up with now.

I am so glad to learn this! I definitely want 3G. I am glad I didn't pre-order the FIRE.

I just got DD a Nook Color for Christmas and can't wait to give it to her.
She'll love it. I have the 3G Nook and the color. The new apps the are coming up with are an added bonus and they are cheap. I like the one for the organizer; you can put your whole scedule and update it right there on the nook which is great. Then there is the added feature of being able to read any book at BN for an hour each day for free. I find a lot of free books at BN.com and because Barnes and Noble is a great store you can get books from all different places. I do like the in-store customers service alot better than the one on the phone; which is normal. It's easier to get help when you are standing in front of someone that over the phone.