View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 AM
mpspeedy

I tried the Aunt Becky and went back to my "brown leather thimbles" I use one on each hand as I quilt with both hands. I am right handed and I cut down one of my brown leather thimbes to make it shorter and use it on my left thumb.
I understand why quilt shops don't seem to carry much for handquilters. They are in business to make money and what is popular now is machine quilting. While I probably will die with a huge stash I am constantly buying fabric for my chairity projects like Linus and the pillowcase dresses. I also have a huge stash of heirloom grade fabric. A person can make more quilts in less time by machine quilting this means they will need to purchase more fabric for the next project. While that is logical since when are quilters that logical. I see a fabric I like I just have to have it even if I may never get around to using it. I also tend to purchase at least three yards because when I do get around to using it, it may no longer be available. Don't you just hate when that happens?