View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 11:33 AM
QandE2010

My adult daughter asked for a black and white quilt with a white background, with some kind of stars that could be outlined and stippling in the blocks that don’t have stars. The borders will have feathers. She would like it quilted with a light gray variegated thread. She said it will be her “forever “quilt and she can use it with any other colors in her bedroom.
With that in mind, here are 3 pictures of the same blocks on a quilt I am making for her for Christmas. I am at a standstill trying to decide whether to sash or not. Please give reasons for why or why not.
The block is called Hope of Hartford. I actually found the block in my Bernina Designer Plus Quilter Software V6. Then I changed it up to suit me. It is a 10” block set on point. The quilt will be 120” x 120”.
Option 1 is quilt without the sashing would have 4 borders - 2”-black, 2”-white, 2”-black, and 5”-white with black binding.
Option 2 without sashing would have 3 borders – 1”black, 4”-white & 5” black with white binding.
Option 3 is quilt with 1” – white sashing, and 2 borders – 1”- black, and 4” white with black binding.
Thanks for your input and I look forward to your answers. I can’t ask her because, even though she asked for a quilt, she doesn’t know that I am making this at this time and this particular quilt.
Alma

Option 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273387[/ATTACH]

Option 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273388[/ATTACH]

Option 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273389[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273334.jpe   attachment-273335.jpe   attachment-273336.jpe