Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 PM
BuzzinBumble

Thank you each for such nice words and wonderful ideas. Wow I sure lucked out in getting feedback from people with great creative ideas! I wanted to respond to all these terrific great ideas so here I am taking a shot at it:

Originally Posted by Dianemarie
I think the small green border inside the botanical is a great idea and then some fancy quilting in the center and maybe the border edges too.
Can you tell I love hand quilting !
Yes I can! I like that idea too. ;) It seems like you couldn't go wrong with it!

Originally Posted by QM
The border is spectacular. The block brings it down. To my thinking, a vase of flowers and leaves(a la Baltimore Album, or a wreath of leaves would be a better approach, although I do like the idea of only leaf quilting too.
I have never tried to do appliqué but your idea of the Baltimore Album Style centerpiece is wonderful. I should give it a shot!

Originally Posted by mumzer
Since it is a botanical block how about birds. Check out some of the pictures in Birds and Bloom they are just lovely. mumzer
Oh birds would be beautiful! That is a wonderful magazine just chock full of inspiration.

Originally Posted by kantuckee
That looks perfect for an autumn hunting panel. Something like this center panel. Just a thought.
You really picked a great panel to illustrate your point! :D It does look like it would fit perfectly, even the colors.

Originally Posted by plainpat
You can find diff ideas at Quilter's Cache.com.The blocks are shown in color & also by size. The table cover is so pretty,I see it as a wall hanging after the day. Just one idea.
I know, I didn’t know what to choose to make it into. But a wall hanging is a good idea!

Originally Posted by rita222
howaboout a tree in full autumn bloom either in applique or fussy cut
Like an art quilt? Wow that would look amazing if I had the skills. I just bought a book on landscape quilting so maybe… ;)