Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by babindg12200
You know I think I would put a doily in the center, you can hand sew one on. If you don't have one, I could do one for you. You let me know what color thread you want me to use.
Awww… that is so sweet babindg! Thank you for your offer. I do have a few doilies - my mom was a tatter and my gram a crocheter. My mom was into orange tatted doilies in the 70’s and I have one of those. Hmmmm…..

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching
Try and turning the center block on point and see how that looks.
Heheh I did like that idea too, but couldn’t figure out how to do with either the EQ program or the Paint program. I’ll have to try it out with the real deal.

Originally Posted by johnnietate1225
Maybe your last name initial in the variegated colors of the leaves? Good Luck and please show us when completed.
Hey Johnnie, my mom was from TN and they called her Johnnie too. Good idea! - I read that monogrammed items are coming back “in” again.

Originally Posted by Ardell
Embroider words on it. such as: "Fall with love and peace".
I would love a wall hanging with that on it.
You’re right Ardell - the botanical border would really call attention to meaningful words!

Originally Posted by Rose Bagwell
What about a Maple Leaf block, or a large appliqued leaf or leaves, perhaps a pumpkin
Ooohhh - A Pumpkin! That would look really great! I adore pumpkins. ;)

Originally Posted by Rann
How about a horn of plenty and some veggies?
VERY Thanksgivingy and a great idea for the Holiday!

Originally Posted by ka9sdn
Really good discussions today--enjoying just reading and learning!
I KNOW ka9sdn! It’s like being a kid in a candy shop! So many wonderful ideas here that I feel twitter-pated! So glad I asked you all for input!