View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by ccthomas
Originally Posted by JenniePenny
My quilt police who judges my quilts so harshly looks very much like the lady I see in the mirror. Mind you, this police woman only picks on me. Her voice says "if you are going to put the effort into this, you need to make it your best effort. This seam could be moved over just a whisker."

I wish she would be quiet sometimes.
I see and hear this same person when I do anything. Years and years and she just will never "be quiet." Intellectually I know better but my HEART .....and I try so hard to "Please" and I really do want to be a quilter - to do it right - to obey those rules as I do like the "beautiful quilts" and I know if I do follow most of the "rules" I will have better seams, piecing, quilting and .... quilts.
If "you know you will have better seams, piecing, quilting....quilts", you are comparing your art work to some one else's art work. That is a well planned recipe for discouragement. Michaelangelo didn't care, if they noticed he used the faces of workmen and neighbors, on the Sistine Chapel, and neither should we.