Old 07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
jacquemoe

I don't want to be pretentious or obnoxious so let me know if I am.
I enjoy sharing my projects. A lot of piecers, like I used to be, don't understand the differences in top quilting. My best friend doesn't understand but then, she doesn't quilt either.
Here is my simple explanation:
EDGE TO EDGE PANTOGRAPH
Pantograph design is an all-over pattern applied by hand guiding the machine from side to side, following a pre-printed design. Many designs undulate and interlock and will not look like "rows" on the finished quilt. These designs are good choices for busy quilts that need something attractive and unobtrusive to hold them together.

ALL-OVER FREEHAND
All-over freehand is exactly that. The design is applied freehand over the entire quilt, and does not depend on the underlying piecing.

CUSTOM
Custom work is based on the underlying piecing, usually with separate block and border treatment.

With all that said, I'm posting my "freehand" (no marking at all) practice quilt. I made it 60" x 80" so I'd have something I wanted for laying on the couch. I don't like to waste my practice fabrics. I did bind it with scraps. I butted the ends of the scraps together every 24" so there is just a little color in this darned thing. Let me know if you think I shouldn't post these here, SERIOUSLY!

Curly Fans
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37398[/ATTACH]

Weird........need more practice here
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37414[/ATTACH]

Different typ of fan and some flowers?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39706[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-37398.jpe   attachment-37414.jpe   attachment-39706.jpe