View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Aurora

I had similar problems and finally invested in several of the June Taylor slotted rulers. I have less slippage of the ruler and better conrol of the rotary cutter because it fits in a slot so it has a sort of a track to roll in. There is also more ruler area to lay your other hand flat for holding the ruler. I have lost far less fabrice due to slippage since buying them. The largest one (23" wide) that cuts single-folded fabric is $69.99 on June Taylor's website is $65.99 on JoAnns -- but with a 50% off coupon is less than $33.00 and is shipped in a big flat cardboard container which is great for storage. This one purchase has made cutting strips so much easier and my strips are right on. These are great tools for those of us that are rotary cutter challenged. I am very short and I cannot reach across the table when cutting without moving my supporting hand and that is when the ruler moves on me or I was getting "V's" in the middle of my strips making them virtually useless, unless I was cutting them into squares.