View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:24 AM
MegsAnn

I'm anxiously awaiting news that the quilt I made has reached its owners. Mailed it on Monday, so it should be back to them by Friday. I have a few days left to wait yet. It sure can't be replaced if it gets lost in the mail, so I made sure to get extra insurance and a tracking number on it.

See, this is the quilt I volunteered to make for my cousin's wedding last year. It's a log cabin pattern in their colors. I completed the blocks before the wedding and had each guest sign one at the reception. The writing and drawings on the blocks are so sweet and special! I told the newlyweds that I'd get the completed bed-sized quilt to them for their first anniversary.

It's hard letting go of something so special after sitting with it for a full year. More than that, if you count the few months I had of planning it and making blocks before the wedding last October. I hope they like it as much as I do.

The UPS lady who took down the address and processed the extra insurance asked why I was making such a big deal over a "blanket". I explained what I'd done for this custom quilt. She was so impressed! It sure was fun to educate somebody about this artform. :)

Oh, and before you ask, I'll post pictures after the couple has recieved their gift. I just feel weird showing it to anybody before they've seen it.