View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
illinois

Originally Posted by Cosy
My problem is not slippage, at least not so much. My problem is getting the fabric actually cut. Even with a brand new blade, even cutting single layers, I get a lot of skips, where the fabric just isn't cut. If I go back, then the 2nd cut doesn't quite line up. I have an olfa 45 ml that I use mostly. I work on either my dinner table or the kitchen counter, the height doesn't seem to make a diference. I end up either using scissors or for strips, tearing. Any advice here?
If this is a new blade, again I suggest looking very closely. You may have 2 blades in there as they tend to stick together. If it is a used blade, I have personal experience with skipped cutting. Usually it's because I have bumped into a pin and that has damaged the blade. Very frustrating!!! And as usual, it is a new blade that gets the damage, too. Add that to Murphy's list of Laws. I have the Taylor ruler, too, and it is great but I know what you are talking about with the "perforated" strips. I haven't solved that either but these are some suggestions anyhow.