Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Honeynga

I somewhat understand what you are saying...I'm native Georgian, and we have a lot of transplants around here and it just erks me when I overhear "them" talking about the slow backward ways of folks from the south...well, the freeway does run both ways ! Every area, no matter what, is going to be fraught with issues.....nothing is perfect ! Atlanta City Schools are not where I would want my children to be now a days...(however, I was educated in Atl city School and went to Ga State univ in downtown Atl, but was then and not now).

Here in metro Atlanta we have four seasons, if we ever have snow it is a big deal and the entire area shuts down, we have crime, people that are people, adequate and inadequate schools and some folks just can't put kids in private schools but have to get involved in public schools and try to improve what they can.

I would think that living in FL would have a lot of positives, just like another post said......temperate climate year round for example, and yes there are threats of storms but then again snow and ice storms plague other parts of the US.....even here in North Central GA, we've had Thanksgiving on the screen porch and one year my daughter had a pool party....the middle of October !

Most important is that families be families....do whatever it takes within your family to create bonds and encouragement. (ok, off soap box)