View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

check with your local quilt shops, and a guild if there is one in your area- they will know who is available in your area- then you can contact them and ask- location matters- skill, back-log, lots of things- so start with talking to the people in your area and looking at their work- there is also a list of us here on the board= check that to see if any are near you-
if you can not find someone in your area- then look again at the board list- and start checking the pictures of their quilting- when you see some that fits into what you think you would want then contact that person and ask your questions-
being (quilting season) and with the holidays coming up be prepared though-
i do not accept work after November 15 with a guarantee for Christmas- i have to have a cut off with customers so i can get some of my own sewing done for the holidays-
most of my regular customers start bringing me their holiday quilts in August and September;even though i have a 2 week turn around. sometimes January- March is my busiest time == my quilters bring me their quilts they plan to give the following holidays- because they do not sew in the summer time-too busy gardening-- (not to say i haven't on occassion taken a last minute quilt- i really encourage people to plan ahead when having to depend on someone else to get your holiday stuff quilted)
there may be a few out there who will accept work right into December- but the later it gets the harder it will be to find someone.