Thread: SO BUMMED :(
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
barrelracer86

CrystalTX, I know exactly where you are with quilting on a domestic machine. It can get vry frustrating. Here is what I did to solve my problem. I could not afford a longarm so I purchsed a used KenQuilt K623 almost 2 years ago for $1500 direct from Kenquilt. I can provide a phone # for you if you are interested in looking into that. It is not technically a longarm, but a short arm. I have 6 1/2" of sewing space when I first load the quilt and it diminished some as the quilt is rolled, depending on the quilt size of course. But it operates just like a longarm.

The short arm systems work very well in place of sewing on a sit down domestic machine in or on a traditional sewing table. I have seen pictures of special tables for quilting with a domestic machine. I am not sure what you are exactly thinking or but.......
There are home quilting several frames that most domestic sewing machines will fit on. You might look at a grace frame or something along those lines if you think your machine would do that. I don't know much about the domestic frames but a lot of people have them so surely someone on here can help you further with that. Look on your local craigslist, ebay or even contact a local dealer. I know you can get handles, stitch regulators for certain machines, and all kinds of accessories to go with them to make them operate just like a big longarm without spending thousands of $.

Good luck. I hope you find the right soloution for you. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
Amy