Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Bill'sBonBon

Havent been on in a long while.. husband health probs. But had to ans. this I am a Born,bred,married,raised 2 DD..helped raise 5 grndsons..until 2006 FLORIDIAN... Transplanted to GEORGIA Love my FL. and i am a muck child so that means really south on Lake Okeechobee... never lived any further than Polk City FL. That is Central FL... The Glades or Everglades that is where I am from..Would still be there except for Life and God taking a hand putting me and my DH here in SE GA.. South FL. is hot,humid,rainy and sometimes even cold.. My DD played a many time in Jan. with shorts on.. People from a small town where everyone knows everyone.. I loved it.. Buuuuttt I love SE Georgia too..for its hot,humid,sometimes rainy cold weather.. SNOWBIRDS are a nessary for FL. pocketbooks...Some are rude,crazy acting people..Buut so are the natives at times..it is a give and take situation..we need them they need us... I am ask all the time why did you leave FL. as someone stated it can be an exspensive place to live determined where you live though...Palm Beach county,where I am from is wonderful..expensive in housing etc. but so is most towns that are connected to the ocean in some way..Georgia is a cheaper place to live for seniors that can not start over..Hurricanes? Deadly if you don't prepare and listen to the reports..We lost our home in 2004..But when I saw reports of Fires in Calif... Earthquaks,Volcanoes,Mud slides and then in the Tornado ally JEEEZE!!! FL and Ga. are a paradise...FL. is only a 40 min. drive from where I am in GA. LOL!!! :thumbup: