View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 02:17 PM
DeeDee1280

An out of town friend of mine saw a quilt I was working on. I am a newbie so nothing to "impress" her. She loved my WIP. Anyways, as we talked on, she said she couldn't even sew a button on. Her mother sewed and quilted and wanted to teach her how but she never had an interest. Before her mom passed away, she had made a quilt top out of polyester (per Bonnie, my friend). They found it when they were going thru her things. She is giving it to me! I am hoping to quilt or tie this for her and return it to her at Christmas. She has no idea that I am planning on giving it back to her. I just thought that if my mom had made it, I would want it. My question is..since I have only made 3 quilts from cotton..do I back this one with polyester?. Bonnie says she will never finish it or have it finished so my next question is..is this even a good idea? We are friends thru a campground on the coast and I don't see her except there. (usually 1 or 2 times a month) I have no idea what it looks like other than her description of "lots of pieces of polyester sewn together. I don't know yet if it is machine or hand pieced. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have only tied and SID the ones I have made.