Old 10-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

A quick question for all of you DJ'rs and DJ-wanna-b's

Did the schedule that Klue had put together work for all of you?? In looking it over, I suspect it can look too overwhelming for many. I could be wrong, but for people who may be working to expect them to 'keep up' with 4-5 square/triangle weekly seems like too much. And if you feel there is too much expected for you to keep up and you can't keep up, you are much more likely to quit. I am weeks behind with AOTH, but love sitting in the evenings handsewing and really dont mind too much that I'm that far behind. I look at photos others have posted for ideas but have developed my own color combos at this point. Here, I noticed every seventh week was a catch-up week and the last actually "blocks/triangle/kites" were scheduled for the week of Feb 14, where the 'block party' indicates it ends in May/June. Would it not make more sense to start slower, have less weekly, and continue sewing actual blocks for a longer time?? We all have our UFOs, but I think the more blocks we have, the more likely we are to finish them. Yes it is also more likely to finish a project with sashing and borders put together, but there are 6 wks allotted for that and another 4 for the quilting.

There are 225 patterns - spread over 18months, you make 3/week which would be more realistic than 5 and still have 3 weeks left to put it together. Do a quilting link separately??

I just wanted to ask for a little feedback before I put another schedule together.