View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
RobertaMarie

Well, I had a wringer washer, and I don't miss it at all. Love my modern one and the drier too, although I did take pride in hanging lines of snowy diapers out in the sun when I had babies. Cloth diapers were healthier in my opinion. The one thing I would like to see again is the honest morality of the general public, where you could trust people, and not be fearful, kids could play outside, etc. I can live without some of the modern conveniences, (like TV) but I would give up my dishwasher before my garbage disposal. I love the sanitary convenience of running water and flushing toilets. We didn't always have them when I was young. Carrying water for everything, heating water in tubs, buckets, etc for laundry, bathing, dish washing and cooking, was not a lot of fun, and hard on the body. You asked for just one thing, but the convenience of modern equipment is nice. The honesty and morals, education and less use of profanity , teaching children basic education, and getting public off unnecessary welfare would be top of my desire list.