View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Rhaorth

Hi folks, I thought this would be a good place to make a diary of sorts of my first scrappy quilt, and first machine stitched quilt (I made a quilt back in the late 90's but it was all hand stitched, I swore I would never make another, took me over a year to do it, hand quilted too, and I was totally clueless, had no one to help me, but was determined.)

Anywho... I decided to give it a try at machine stitching and quilting. So, without further ado... here is a picture of the scraps I have cut so far, from odds and ends, and some stuff that was less than 1/2 yards.

Some of these are even from clothes, pillow cases, and thrift store fabric finds.

I am going to do it in the rail fence style, except it will be totally random. Once I have all the strips cut (8.5 x 2.5), I will untie them, and throw them in a bag or bin, and mix them up, then pull randomly. The only time I will put one back, is if it matches the one I am stitching to.

wish me luck :)

150+ strips so far. Each bundle is 50 strips. I need a little over 500 strips. eek
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274022[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273969.jpe