View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Shelbie

Today I've had a very relaxing low key day- no work, obligations or even DH looking for lunch. I've been playing with my new to me Husqvarna #1+ (their first computerized embroidery machine) which I picked up on Kijiji (Canadian version of Craig's list) for $200. The seller was delighted to get rid of her MIL's machine as it had been sitting in a closet for ten years and she had never used it. I don't think that her MIL used it either as most of the parts were still in their sealed boxes and the books were in the unopened plastic covers. So what I have is a almost brand new machine that is about thirteen years old. I've spent all afternoon identifying the pieces and reading the instruction book for the main machine. I haven't even opened the embroidery unit yet. I'm not sure that I want to embroider but I think that I'll try it out. The seller really didn't understand what she had. She had advertised it as a newish Husqvarna and I wanted a machine to take to classes so I wouldn't have to drag my Janome 6500 out of its cabinet. I was absolutely amazed when I saw what it was. I think it sews much better than my Janome and has a great big basting stitch! My BFF says if I don't like it she will gladly trade me her Janome Gem for it so that I will have my little machine to take to class. Does anyone have this machine and do you have any tips or advice?