Old 10-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
I have a question for Glenn.

I know that you really like your 66, but I'm having a heck of a time getting used to her. The VSM shop insisted I buy a zig zag foot for the ideal 1/4 inch. I swear it's wrong. I can't keep a steady 1/4 inch seam and I don't know if I'll ever piece on her. Do you have any hints? I do not want to put tape or other adhesive on her. Scared it'll ruin her beautiful finish.

The other question I have, how can you FMQ on a 66 if you can't drop the feed dogs? Is there a plate that goes over it? The guy I got the machine from insisted that you can just remove the feed dogs, but I'm worried that will cause damage to the machine if I don't put them back in right. What would you suggest?

Thank you. I love looking at the pics of your newest acquisition. You've been such a supporter of the 66's I'd hate to see you start using a different machine. :)
I do not recomend the zig zag thing. I let the pressure off the foot and use the darning plate cover that fits over the feed dogs. Then you canFMQ all day long. You can buy this attachment at http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland.com/store
I Use the seam guide that screws into the bed. I put a ruler wth the needle on the 1/4 mark and adjust the seam guide to 1/4 and it work fine because the edge of the fabric is guided by the guide. I hope this helps. You can buy this at the same place as above.
Glenn