Old 10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
quiltdoctor

We have all enjoyed seeing Glenn's beautiful restored machines. I'm here to show off one of mine tonight. She started off being called a "boat anchor" because the man that had her thought that was all she was worth. I wanted to see what I could do with her. When researching her manufacturing date, I was told she is actually a rare White Rotary machine, made September 10, 1903. When White began to make their Rotary, the serial number was completely numbers. The slide plate was a rectangle. These were made for only 8 years. They have a different bobbin case that is quite rare and an extremely rare wooden hand hole cover. As luck would have it, my machine has her bobbin cover and the only piece of her cabinet that I have is the wooden hand hole cover. The later White rotary machines were called White Family Rotary, and their serial numbers all start with the letters FR. They have a different slide plate that is called a tee shirt shaped plate.
When I found out what a treasure she was, I decided to just leave her damaged decals and restore to as good a natural state as I could. Now I am looking for a White cabinet where she can hopefully sew again. She can't be beautiful, but she can sure shine.

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274012.jpe   attachment-274013.jpe   attachment-274014.jpe   attachment-274015.jpe   attachment-274016.jpe