View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
cdobbert40

Good Luck. Don't want to pee on your parade, but I gave up. I have two shitzu's (spelled incorrectly on purpose) and I have yet to get them potty trained. Got the first one when he was 8 wks old and the second one about six months later at 10 wks old. they are now 4 and 5 yrs old. They are crated when no one is home, I take them outside as soon as they are taken out of the crate, make sure they potty, get all excited and praise for "good potty", give them good potty treats make sure they go out every two hours and do the whole good potty thing everytime and then they come inside eat the puppy treat and will lift a leg on a door casing with me standing there watching. I will yell bad potty and put them outside and they will just sit there looking at me. I make sure they are feed at the same time every evening and take them outside an hour later and still they will sneak off and take a dump on the bathroom floor. Both are fixed and do not have any bladder problems. They are just very stubborn shitzu's. I have finally stared using the bands with the cheap sanitary napkins and they wear them whenever they are out of the crate and not outside. Mamma has given up and they will remain in diapers until they die. After 5 years of trying I give up, they win. And it's not one place that they keep marking, it's where ever they decide to hike a leg, and I use enzyme cleaner every time they go inside, they are just shits.