Old 10-20-2011, 04:16 AM
OmaForFour

I will go to my daughter's. She as almost 12 yo b/g twins. Another couple with 2 boys who don't have any family here join us each year. So there will be 10 of us. I give my daughter the choice of what she wants me to make and bring over. Then I add to the list. LOL. I usually end up making cranberry sauce, dressing in a pan (if she decides to fry the turkey), and several veggies and a pie or cake. I like doing it this way because it takes the strain off my daughter having to do the other dishes. The other "daughter" who comes with her family brings some dishes also. It truly is a groaning board and we have a wonderful time.
We get together like this on Christmas Day also.
On Christmas Eve we go to Church with my daughter and family. Then back to her house (which is close to the Church) along with Church friends. The twins get to put their onaments on the tree which I make for them each year (til they are 21!), we have a glass of wine and snacks and go home. Christmas Day we descend on them with gifts and some food to add to the festive meal.
This year at Thanksgiving I am also going to make a felt turkey centerpiece for the table.