View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 04:59 AM
peggy463

She is a classical trained musician as in "Classical Music." She plays piano and flute professionally in Orchestra's. I want the quilt to be formal in appearance with black and white music note fabric. I was thinking a pieced or appliqued black grand piano in a larger square on point dead center, piano key fabric as final border. Other than that I do not know. I have a lot of black and white music note fabric as well as black and cream and some black and red. I want a red rose maybe sitting on the piano somewhere and a flute(maybe pieced, maybe appliqued, maybe embroidered some) next to a music stand or on the piano bench or some where. I also have yards of 8" "silhouettes of famous composers(Bach, Beethoven, Brahms....etc) in black and cream that I was thinking of doing something with too, I don't know what yet. But using tiny little squares and sharp points wouldn't show case the music fabric or look right for a music flow since music isn't sharp or jagged, but it can have points and triangles in the right pattern which is where I can't figure it out. I have seen some music quilts online people have done with traditional quilt patterns, but they don't look like a "WOW" they look unorganized and the music theme doesn't come through and it isn't until you really look at them that you see "oh there is music fabric in there" almost like it was left over from something else. So I don't know if a quilt pattern can be made to suit a music theme because of the nature of quilt design. But I had to try.
thank you so much
peggy
Thank you so much