View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:14 AM
QuilterChick

I've had 3 Berninas and they are wonderful machines, very very pricey though. You will get little or nothing for your machine on a trade for that big bad Bernina, and you will get a big bad balance to pay off. It's not only the price of the machine with Bernina, it is all the extras you need to buy, software prices are astronomical, new feet, new this, new that, proprietary software and designs etc.

I am a very loyal Pfaffie now for just that reason. I switched from a top of the line Bernina about 6 yrs. ago to the Pfaff 2170 and never looked back. If I could afford a new machine, I would go for the latest Pfaff Creative Vision, but really have no need to upgrade. I have never had one problem with my Pfaff, andI like the fact that it doesn't take up half of my sewing table; the embroidery unit attaches at the rear and all I need to do to switch from sewing to embroidery is drop the feed dogs and change to the embroidery foot. As you can see from my Avatar, my Ragdoll fur baby loves it too. I got up to answer the phone and she made herself comfy in a quilted handbag I was working on. :)

There will always be a bigger and better to tempt us.