Old 10-20-2011, 07:41 AM
LindaM49

I am making for my son's girlfriend.

I swore I measured correctly when the fabric was folded on my cutting mat. I had it folded and cut it so I would have 1 huge rectangle that I would then just cut in half to get the 2 rectangles that I needed. So dumb me unfolded the fabric and cut it in half without measuring it since I had the fabric pressed/creased where it needed to be cut. Well.......

Now I have 2 pieces that are too small. I was thinking of just cutting 2 more pieces of the length that I need and sewing each piece onto the other pieces. I'm thinking...it's just the lining so no one will see it except Carol. So.....

Some of you more experienced bag makers...do you see any problem doing it this way?

Like I said...dumb question but...I don't have enough of the lining fabric that I bought left that I could cut 2 pieces the correct length...and it was very expensive even with the coupon at Joann's....$8.99 a yard. This is the bag that I spent about $65.00 on materials so I do NOT want to put anymore money into making this. And...I don't have a stash so having nothing here that would look/match the other fabrics that I am using from the jelly rolls that I bought.