Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Rose L

What a great thread! Thanks for starting it. I'm going to look for an eyebrow trimmer, it looks very handy. I'm also going to look for the General's pastel pencils. I had never given those a thought but I'm sure they'd be wonderful for marking quilt tops rather than using the expensive marking pens. Thanks so much for sharing your tips.

My tip: For keeping track of small tools while sewing I use a mechanics bolt tray, a small metal bowl that's available at the auto parts store. It is magnetized and will sit nicely on top of a metal sewing machine and/or it's heavy enough to not slide around much on your sewing table. I toss my threaded needles, seam ripper, small scissors, awl and few pins in mine so they are right there and handy to grab. It keeps things from getting lost under the layers that seem to accumulate when sewing. An added bonus it that it will magnetize the tools you put in it so you can just grab a scissor and run it over the floor to pick up stray pins that you've dropped.