Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
sandygoshorn

Originally Posted by fmd36
After a 4 mos. search SIL has found a job in Miramar,FL. GSons and DD are not at all happy about it. Dyed in the wool New Englanders. Realistically , what can they expect as far as culture shock? Off group reply is fine. Sad because I expect to ,at best, see them once a year. No one is too happy about this, but it is an exec. position in a major corp. God must have something great planned for them.
I have lived all over the US and the world, but home has always been Sarasota, FL. (Gulf Coast)...I always considered a move a new adventure, new friends, new favorite "thrift shops", and lots of cooks tours. Good schools can be found by asking around of other parents. Also, the company may have (what we call) a sponsor to smooth the transition, give information about good grocery stores, schools, etc
Your realtor is also going to be a fantastic source of information. So, go ahead! - ASK!! and be sure to explore your new hometown. I find I miss the two season climate when we lived elsewhere and as for the
"horrible heat"... well everything is air conditioned, even your car!! You will probably have a yard man during the summer months and the winter months are perfect for planting and entertaining on the lanai, grilling out there too!
I wish you and your family a wonderful move and new best friends and good times!!
Sandy
from the SUNNY SIDE OF FLORIDA = SARASOTA COUNTY!!

Casperson Bch, Venice, FL JANUARY
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274461[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274408.jpe