View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

So, I started this project with my mother a few months ago, we are both doing the same blocks in the same size, in our own colours.
I chose reds and browns because the quilt is going in our bedroom to replace the duvet that's there now and my bf thinks it's a pain to keep clean because it's white.
Anyway, so this is my quilt, nearly finished, and I'm unsure of what kind of border I would like to put on it.
My original idea was to have a 4" border all the way around made up of 1 or 2 inch strips of all my colours I've used in the quilt, kind of like piano keys, and then another 4 or 5 inch border in the light tan colour to finish off.
However, I'd like to hear from you guys to see if someone has a better idea than I.

Also, there is one dark block near the middle, and I don't like it. I don't know if I don't like it enough to change it or just leave it as is.... maybe I'll just switch the burgundy center of that particular block for a plain tan... *sigh* I don't know.

OK, enough yammering, here is my quilt.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-20204.jpe   attachment-35719.jpe   attachment-36094.jpe