View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 AM
omak

Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by bearisgray
I think if most of the students learn what you planned for them to learn, you will have had a successful class.

There are some of us that just don't get it the first time - so there is no point in beating yourself up if you did the best you could.

It is so nice to have an AHA moment - but sometimes that occurs YEARS after the class in question.
That! Is REALLY the truth!
Yeah like me and Algebra. I have taken it three times and still waiting for the AH-HA moment.
LOL ... I am getting so old that by now, if something is missing from the equation, I just do not care!
Not everyone is a math person. If all a teacher manages to teach a student is: Go here for help
the teacher has been successful!
I love math, and I can see the practicality of it, but a total class on "suppose you need to know ... " thinking is almost a waste of time!
That hypotenuse story is just grand!
At least there is one teacher in the world who doesn't have a job any more? <g>
I am a Mary Ellen Hopkins girl " I may not be accurate, but I am consistent!" LOL life is really to short to demand perfection. Most people will head toward perfection as they grow in the endeavor .... or, they won't quilt for long.