Old 07-20-2009, 04:28 PM
2wheelwoman

I purchased a Centennial FW and a old Singer hand-crank machine and my Elna all on eBay. (all shipped via plain old post office) The crank was from an eBay shop sort of place, so there was a good feedback rating established and we got just what we wanted and it was packed well. I took a real chance on the FW and Elna, as both were from private parties and brand new sellers. The FW was from a man cleaning out his mother's things after her death. I had researched the 'net and found a great site that spelled out in detail how to pack one and he followed that to the letter and I got a great little machine with no problems at all. The Elna was from a private party who got it, started quilting, and immediately wanted a top-of-the-line machine. They still had all the original packing, and the doodads that came with it, and even included the original receipt. I've been very satisfied with all the machines. It is a "buyer beware" environment, but can be quite successful. I did a lot of emailing with the sellers prior to bidding, asking why they were selling and do they know how to pack it, etc. I know they can lie about it, but I believed them and have been very happy with my purchases.