Thread: Moving to FL
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Farm Quilter

Born and raised in Reno, Nevada (mountains, dry, 4 seasons), now live in eastern Washington (mountains are hard to see, dry, 4 seasons), been in Riverview, Florida (burb of Tampa) since late February house/pet sitting for my daughter while she was deployed to Afghanistan.

The summer was warm (low 90's), humidity was high, electrical storms were awesome, the grass is always green (trees too), and I've made some awesome friends here (quilters, of course!). Freeways are crazy, especially at rush hour (but I usually live in the country outside a little town of 900). I haven't gone to the beach, theme parks or anything like that, but there always seems to be something going on around here, from plays, street fairs, concerts, sporting events. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I would not have a problem moving here permanently (but won't cuz DH won't leave the farm). The east coast seems to have more hurricane threats than the west coast and a tornado did stroll up the street in front of my daughter's apartment complex (I was away visiting a quilt shop in another town).

I think you can be happy wherever you live since your attitude determines that. I'm sorry that they will be moving away from you - always hard - but you can visit Florida and enjoy all this lovely state has to offer.