Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 PM
craftybear
Google Goddess

what I do to set up a meet and greet is to pick a date, location,time to meet and post it on the offline section of the board and have anyone that wants to come to post a note on that thread and send me a private message

I have already hosted 5 meet and greets and have met over 68 members so far from the quilting board.

You can meet at a quilt shop, quilt show, restaurant,etc. (I usually try to find a restaurant with a private banquet room so we can eat, have show and tell, and demonstrations) usually has the banquet room for 2 -3 hours. You can also shop at the nearby quilt shops, other shops etc. The quilt shops usually gives us goody bags, gifts for door prizes (you just need to ask them in advance and let them know total # of ones coming). I always give everyone a small gift for attending.

I have met lots of members from other states.Have fun setting up meet and greets. If you have any questions please send me a private message.

I always tell the members that they can bring friends, family, hubby with them. We had 4 ladies drive 4 hours one way at the last meet and greet. So much fun!

I am now working on finding places that we can sew all day and also to have retreats.

I will post an example of what I posted to get others to come

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142434-1.htm