View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 04:16 AM
TiltedEars

I think that person was referring to where you attached the handles, not how you attached them. When I make a tote, I attach each handle to the same side of the bag, 3" or so from center. Your handles each extend from front of the bag to back of the bag, where I think that person meant that they should be one handle entirely on front and one handle entirely on back, spaced so far from center. This swap is very open to artistic expression & I don't think they need to be changed, just explaining what is "different" from how some other bags might be assembled. It's a beautiful tote!

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Ok someone PM me and thought maybe my handles are on wrong, and since this is my first tote, I'm not sure...LOL

I made up this tote using a walmart tote and there handles were on outside of the tote but I didn't want them to cover up the embroidery design so I sorta sewed them in the binding. Is this wrong, I really think it looks nice the way it is, but I do want it to look right so I took a picture of all the handles up close, do they look wrong to you as well? LOL

And thank you for you comments....